Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What I've Been Up To

Before I start today's post, I'd just like to take a second to beg for your forgiveness. 
Every time I think I've got the hang of balancing work and blogging, I vanish for five more days. I'm still reading your posts, commenting, and reading my own comments. I keep up with the blog world every day, I just haven't been posting. I'm so sorry, everyone.
Here's what I've been up to recently. 

First of all, I broke three of my nails at work in the past two days - the most tragic being my left hand ring nail. My accent nail! I considered, for a day or two, looking into wraps or full out acyrlics, but in the end, I filed down all of my nails. My hands look so foreign to me now.

I'm wearing L'Oreal Because You're Worth It on my nubbins. I'm pretty proud of the paint job, considering I did them in a moving vehicle yesterday, hah.

It seems that in lieu of posting, I've been buying a lot of polishes to make up for it. My thought is "I don't have nail art to share, but I will have hauls!"  Here is everything I've picked up this past week.


I picked up these E.L.F polishes last week at Target. They came in a four pack for five dollars. From left to right is Coral Dream, Flirty Fuchsia, Smokin Hot, and Party Peach.


These were also Target finds, but L'Oreal and Revlon are sold just about anywhere. L'Oreal Because You're Worth It and Revlon Rain Forest


As I'm sure all of you know, Sally's Beauty Supply is currently having a buy two, get one free sale. I couldn't pass it up. Left to right is White On White, Fairy Dust, Dress Me Up (from the Capitol Colors collection), Secret Peri-wink-le (which wouldn't photograph at all - it's really a dusty blurple), and Frost Bite.


Along with having every polish buy two, get one free, Sally's also had a sale on SV. It was 5.99, instead of the usual 8.99. ...so I bought four. I will keep two of them and then the other two will be included in my nail art contest prize packages.

And speaking of my nail art contest, there are only four more days left!
Over this past month, there have been 25 entries, and I have reached 61 followers! It just blows my mind. Thank you guys so, so much! I seriously love every single one of you.
Now hurry! Paint up your accent nails and enter before the week is up!

6 comments:

  1. Nice haul! How do you like the ELF polishes? I have been wanting to get some but i just haven't done it. And don't ever apologize for having a life lol We all go through times where it's just impossible to get to or you just flat out don't want to. Hope life slows down a bit for you though and you get to start posting more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you. :)
      As for the ELF polishes, they're a little streaky and have trouble drying. You see the dent in the red swatch? That happened today. I swatched all the ELF polishes last week... I feel like a coat of SV would fix both of those problems though. Otherwise, they're fairly pigmented and quite cheap.

      Delete
  2. I love reading you blog, and I as a blogger myself understand when a fellow blogger goes M.I.A for a few days. Needless to say, welcome back! lol even though you haven't been away for to long!

    I'm so sorry about your nails breaking! I hate when that happens to me! Recently (LIKE YESTERDAY) MY RING FINGERNAIL BROKE OFF! I was ok in beginning because it was only a chip, then I filed it down just a bit & then it chipped again so I was devastated! now I don't have anything show for all my hard work =(

    oh well I guess thats the cycle of life!

    any how I love your new color their gorgeous! how do you like elf nail polishes, haven't bought one yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's so frustrating, breaking nails. My bf laughs at me because I'm perpetuating a stereotype, but I work hard on my nails! Especially my ring nails, they're my pride and joy, haha.

      I did a quick little review for the ELF polishes for Amber, in the above comment. Essentially, you get what you pay for with cheapies.

      Delete
  3. No need to apologize! We all have lives that we have to take care of before our blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all the polishes that you got. I think my next mani will be for your contest.

    ReplyDelete