Thursday, April 5, 2012

Playing Catch-Up

Hi, again! I do hope you'll forgive me for my sporadic posting.
I'm trying to get back to my regular post-a-day, but it's taking some balancing I'm not used to yet. Rest assured, we are on our way back to the regular schedule. I hope you'll bear with me and that I won't lose any readers who have come to expect something new daily.

I took this awful picture to show you guys just what working fast food has done to my nails. This is the rare right-handed picture, so it's more damaged than the left one was, but there you have it. 
I also wanted to assure you that I do absolutely everything necessary to make sure my nail (polish) doesn't chip into the food. Even the thought is disgusting, but I wanted to put that out there. 

Luckily, I've had today and yesterday off, so I did my full nail care routine and everything is back up to my standards. It also gave me time to quickly swatch out a polish pack I got on sale Monday night.

When I saw this at TJ Maxx, I knew I shouldn't expect much, but for a dollar a bottle, I had to swoop it up anyway. I figured if they weren't a very good quality, they could at least be used for jelly sandwiches or frankening. I did messy swatches that I didn't bother to clean up, because I took it off right after. Pictured below is two coats of each color.




I was quite surprised by these. They were quite opaque, as far as neons go. I really like the blue and the coral shimmer. I'm undecided on the green and I think the rest will go to frankening. 

Tomorrow, I'll have real nail art for you guys, including pastels and a little bit of hand placed glitter. 

In the mean time, please check out my nail art contest, for all of my accent nail loving followers!
It's open for the rest of the month, and I'd really like to have at least ten entries.
Have fun!

1 comment:

  1. That blue is pretty great. Good find! And I'll be entering your contest as soon as I think of a design. ;)

    ReplyDelete