Thursday, April 12, 2012

Jelly Moons

The mani I have for you today has been first on my to-do list for a long time.
First and second, actually. I've been wanting to do glitter half moons with a creme, and I've also been wanting to try my hand at a jelly sandwich. As I was trying to pick one or the other, I wondered why I couldn't do just both.
Here's what I came up with. 


I think the next time I try a jelly sandwich, I need to mess around with opacity.
I layered NOPI Rainbow In The S-Kylie between the orange juice neon and the coral shimmer from this post. Afterwards, I laid my reinforcement stickers and painted a coat of L.A. Colors black. I did have shrinking issues with a full L.A. Colors mani, but you typically get what you pay for with cheap polishes.
I think it's neat, because from far away it looks just straight up black and neon pink. I love subtle BAM!s like that. 

How do you think I did on my first sammich? 
As always, don't forget to check out my nail art contest!

6 comments:

  1. Hot. I wonder if that orange sandwich would glow under black light. That would look so rad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a black light! I'll go check!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noiiice! I love the corally pink with the glitter and it looks fab paired with black.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this! May have to steal this idea!

    ReplyDelete