Thursday, March 15, 2012

Troy and Abed on some nail art!

Today is March 15th! 
Which means it's the Ides of March, yes, but it's also COMMUNITY RETURNS DAY.
Oh course, I'll have to wait until it's on Hulu tomorrow, but it's a celebration regardless.

I came across these Community nails the other day, and was totally inspired. (Check out the lettering on those babies!) I knew I had to do my own. 

I did something a little different and orientated the art towards me, hence the upside down picture.

Here is my inspiration for each individual nail. Sorry this post is a little picture heavy. 

My pinkie was inspired by Troy and Abed's Dreamatorium, from the episode "Studies in Modern Movement" in which Annie moves into Troy and Abed's apartment. 
I used L.A. Colors Black and L'Oreal Boozy Brunch. 

My middle nail and thumb were inspired by, arguably, the best episodes of Community - the paintball episodes (Modern Warfare, A Fistful of Paintballs, and For a Few Paintballs More).
I used Essie Blanc as a base and the paint splatters are L'Oreal Boozy Brunch, Sally Hansen Lightening, Sally Hansen Brisk Blue, Essie Watermelon, and OPI Did It On 'Em.

My middle finger is inspired by the Greendale Flag, first introduced in the episode, Basic Rocket Science, and yes, that is a butt hole.
I used Sally Hansen Brisk Blue, Essie Watermelon, Essie Ballet Slippers, and L.A. Colors Black.

My pointer was inspired by Abed's cardigan/bow-tie combo seen on Troy and Abed in the Morning!
I used Revlon Minted, Essie Blanc, and Sephora OPI Frankly, I Don't Give A-Damn.

Go Human Beings!
How excited are you for the return of Community?

5 comments:

  1. These are fantastic, I love the paint ball nail, your splatters are perfect!!! I have only watched Community a few times, my Thursday nights are for Grey's Anatomy and Jersey Shore lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Community is back! Love, love, love the nails. Ah, the Greendale logo. And Annie's got her gun...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! If Community ever gets canceled, I will cry and make sad emo nail art. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Community is in my top 5 TV shows ever and crawling its way to number 1!
    I totally sang that post title Troy and Abed style as soon as I saw it!

    ReplyDelete