Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Heart-less, Pink-less Valentine's Day Mani

Wait, what? How can you have a Valentine's Day Mani without pinks or reds or hearts or kisses?
Well, dear readers, it's easy!

My boyfriend and I celebrated yesterday by travelling to a nearby city, going shopping, eating dinner, and seeing Star Wars in 3D. I originally had a cute little green dress picked out, but for the first time all year, yesterday decided to be super snowy. I improvised with a green shirt, a vest, skinny jeans, and gold boots. 

Instead of devoting my mani to all things love and kisses, I wanted to commemorate our celebration. 
Here's what I came up with.


A funky french galaxy mani!

For this set of pictures, I played with a new photography set-up, trying to find what looks best. These were taken using two points of artificial light and an overhead wash from the ceiling fan. The colors are more true-to-bottle now, where as natural light made them a little washed out and dusty-looking. I'm still playing, though, so bear with me.


Here's a shot of just the galaxy nails, pre-cleanup, before I knew how I wanted to add the green. Below is my set up.




I'm going to try to list the colors used from memory, because the kitten in my lap is keeping me from getting up to check. 
From left to right and in order of application: LA Colors black, Revlon Blue Slate, NYC Times Square, NYC Starry Silver Glitter, Revlon Sunshine Sparkle, and Essie Blanc.
Not pictured is Revlon Spanish Moss for the french tips. 

In other news, yesterday in my Valentine's Day outing, I picked up ten new polishes, which I am SUPER excited to swatch and photograph for you all as soon as this post is up.

May your holiday be filled with love, cuddles, and nail polish!

No comments:

Post a Comment